Saturday, July 29, 2006

Potpourri

1. Thesis submitted ... Waiting for the approval of the reading committee... if they say OK then I shall take a holy dip into the sacred river of Ganga ... Fighting for it since 2001... Mother and father could not hide the unjustified pleasure of seeing their son's prospect of earning a Dr. Degree ... In India those who cannot fit in anywhere they go for higher studies ... frankly speaking, 95% of all the brilliant students that I came across all my academic/industrial life did not go for Ph.D's, they are 1000 times as intelligent and quite justifiably as many times as rich as I am at the moment. On the other hand, 95% of the Ph.D's I have seen are blockheaded (I'm too on the verge of joining that group), yes I'm serious. Still, my parents are trying hard to be proud of me. Love has made them blind. That is what being parents means perhaps, always to see their children to be the best of all. So I have forgiven them.

2. ekhon prochondo ghum peyechhe .... last tin din char ghonta kore ghumiyechhi ..I love love sleeping .... yes, yes, alone .... firstly, more room in the bed ... and I have the habit of thrashing legs around in sleep, sometimes wildly ... when I visited Chilika with D and all, I kicked D down on to the floor in the middle of the night and he had to spend the whole night there amid the swansongs of mosquitoes... and I was too rude to apologize for that, the next morning, 'coz they told me about that abominable act of crime three days later when we were back in Kolkata.

3. P and A are both coming to the UK. This is a fascinating news. So the prospect of eating phuchkas under the tower of Big Ben is not too ambitious.

4. Indocrypt deadline is approaching fast. G gave some works to complete in one week. So there is no room for letting up the work. Heck!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anwesha Chatterjee said...

5 years away from home??? That must be tough! Especially when you are living all by yourself in a different country. So, Dr. Akash Sen is out to conquer the world and prove that of the 5% PhDs who are truly gifted, he is the foremost?

Congratulations and best wishes.

Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:59:00 AM  
Blogger Akash said...

5 years away from home??? That must be tough! Especially when you are living all by yourself in a different country.

The first few months only. Once you gradually get to learn the meaning of solitude, it's a sublime experience.

So, Dr. Akash Sen is out to conquer the world and prove that of the 5% Ph.D's who are truly gifted, he is the foremost?

fire asi rabindranath e OK. or gaanei debo uttor.

amar matha noto kore dao he tomar chorono dhular tole
sokolo ahonkar he amar dubao chokher jole
nijere korite gourob daan
nijere kebolii kori opomaan


Congratulations and best wishes.
If eveything goes according to my wishes, still two months to go before the public defense takes place where they usually award the degree publicly.
Anywayssss,,,, thanzzzzzzzzz...

Sunday, July 30, 2006 8:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

statistics